Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why do you need me?
- We need your help to raise awareness and increase income for The Air Ambulance Service by supporting the fundraising team by placing collection tins in a given area.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Placing and servicing collection tins
- Approaching companies, groups and supporters to have a tin
- Supporting with other fundraising activities when available
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Ability to organise your work and work on your own initiative
- IT skills are essential for this role for monthly reporting
- Cash handling skills desirable
- Coin can be very heavy so a reasonable level of general health is required
How much time should I offer?
- This role is flexible and ideally we suggest half a day per week.
Is there an induction and training?
- You will receive an induction when you start
- We will provide any training you need to complete the role e.g. Information about The Air Ambulance Service’s work with regular updates on developments and IT support where appropriate
What on-going support/guidance will there be?
- Fully supported by a member of the fundraising team and Support Group Leader in your area
Access to other volunteering opportunities and ways to become more involved with The Air Ambulance Service
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers during the year
Will I need my own transport?
- This can be useful for larger geographical areas.
What are the benefits to me?
- The opportunity of meeting new people and working as part of a dedicated team
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to our life saving work
Will my expenses be paid?
- We pay volunteers “out-of-pocket” expenses within agreed guidelines.
What’s the next step?
You can apply to become a volunteer below or if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call on 03003 045 999 or email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!