Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why we need you?
We are opening a brand new flagship superstore in Alfreton in Early February 2019. The store will have:
- A Furniture and homeware department, which comes with its own delivery and collection van and drivers
- A clothing and accessories department
- A café selling a range of tasty homemade cakes and sandwiches and with its own small play area for the kids. The Coffee shop will have its own manager and team but may need extra help and support for holiday cover and busy periods etc.
- We need enthusiastic volunteers to raise awareness of Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance (WNAA), Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance (DLRAA), and The Children’s Air Ambulance (TCAA) and increase donations and sales in our new shop.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- There are a range of activities available to our Retail Volunteers including:
- Assisting in sorting donated stock to the shop.
- Processing items ready for sale onto the shop floor.
- Helping customers with their purchases and raising vital funds.
- Helping with in-shop displays and merchandising.
- Helping in the coffee shop
- Assisting in the warehouse or with maintenance tasks
- Assisting with raising our customers’ awareness of the Air Ambulance.
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Good communication skills and friendly demeanour.
- Good numeracy skills in order to use the Electronic Till system.
- The ability to work well with staff as part of your local shop team.
- Enthusiasm for the work of the Air Ambulance is vital to this role.
How much time should I offer?
- You can commit as much or as little time as you would like to, from a couple of hours to a couple of days. We can accommodate all hours. The shop is open 7 days a week and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays we will be open until 9pm.
What support will I be given?
- You will receive opportunities to work alongside other volunteers and Store Management
- We will give you a full induction on all aspects of this role.
- Any appropriate materials to support your role.
- We will provide you with continuous support, advice and guidance.
- Monthly one-to-one reviews with store management.
Where will I be based?
- Most of your work will involve representing the Charity in the Alfreton store but there are also opportunities to get involved in your local area as a community volunteer if this is something of interest to you.
What’s the next step?
If you are interested please call 0300 3045 999 for a brief conversation with our team or you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and we will be in touch.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!