How To Guides
How to Organise A Virtual Cake Sale
Here is our advice on making it possible to host a bake sale from your home at any time of the year.
Your Fundraising PackDownload Here
If you’ve recently learnt to bake or perfected your skills, why not use your talent to turn your cakes into cash by holding a virtual cake sale and support our lifesaving service?
You could sell your cakes in your local neighbourhood by using an honesty pot or sell them over the phone to family and friends arranging non-contact deliveries or collections.
Our guide for a virtual cake sale offers step-by-step instructions on how to host a fundraiser for The Air Ambulance Service.
Decide on your bake
Bake your favourite cakes, cookies or confections or use the recipes provided to make some delicious cakes. See the links at the bottom of the page for recipe inspiration.
Set up a JustGiving page
JustGiving allows people to donate to your cake sale without using cash, they can pay securely online knowing that their donation will be going directly towards supporting our lifesaving services.
Create your cake stall
This might be in your garden or outside your front door. You could even host your bake sale online – by taking a picture of your tasty treats and posting on your social media channels – your friends and family won’t be able to resist.
Promote your bake sale.
Utilise local Facebook groups, your friends and family to make them aware that you’ve baked some treats in support of a good cause.
Sell your creations!
Set a fee for your bakes and ask people to donate to your JustGiving page. Why not set up a telephone service where people can donate via JustGiving and collect their cake from you at a specific time?
Get in touch!
Let us know about the success of your bake sale by tagging us in posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Hints and Tips
- Livestream the making of your delicious cakes or perhaps your cake selling stall on the day! You add a livestream video to your JustGiving page too, making it easier for your supporters to encourage and donate through the duration of your fundraiser.
- Visit our how to guide for setting up a JustGiving page and livestream
- Take orders from family and friends and take their donations in advance of your sale.
- Have you found a particular treat that was a particular sell-out at your sale? How about challenging friends to a virtual bake off! Ask your friends to donate via JustGiving to take part, take pictures of your entries then ask friends to cast their vote on social media.
- Use the cake toppers on page we’ve provided below to show your buyers that you’re supporting The Air Ambulance Service.
10 June 2021
Channel Swim Relay 2021
Fancy a challenge of lifetime? We're looking for people to join a team of swimmers to take turns of swimming the 22miles of the channel. Find out more.
29 November 2020
Curly’s Athletes have chosen Children’s Air Ambulance to be one of their official Charity Partner’s for the Doncaster 10K 2020
6 June 2021
Children’s Air Ambulance is an official partner charity with Run for All’s Hull 10K in 2021. Discover how you can be part of a great event for a great charity.