This month we’re celebrating the Moments that Matter to our patients – stories of bravery and survival against the odds
This is a milestone year for us as we’re celebrating the 10th Anniversary of our Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland Air Ambulance. Founded in 2008, our local Air Ambulance services fly out of East Midlands Airport treating major trauma patients and saving the lives of those in need.
To celebrate the lives we’ve saved, we’re looking back on the ‘Moments that Matter’ to local people who have been airlifted by Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance (DLRAA) this month, as part of a series of amazing stories of bravery and survival, against the odds.
To understand how we help save lives, you just need to read the incredible stories of our patients, Jane & Kieran.
Did you know these facts about your local air ambulance?
- Your local air ambulance help to save more lives across Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Or helicopters help protect our communities from the skies covering over 3,850 square miles and a population of over 3.2 million.
- Our crew of critical care paramedics, trauma doctors and pilots are based out of Coventry and East Midlands Airports.
- We fly an average of six rescue missions a day and fly 365 days a year.
- We can be on the scene delivering lifesaving care fast – our average response time is just 13 minutes!
- We receive no government funding. Our vital service operates solely from public donations from people like you.
Your support really does help us save lives.