Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why do you need me?
- To raise awareness of Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance (WNAA), Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance (DLRAA), and The Children’s Air Ambulance (TCAA) and increase donations and sales in your local charity shop.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Assisting in sorting donated stock in our shops.
- Processing items ready for sale onto the shop floor.
- Helping customers with their purchases and raising vital funds.
- Helping with in-shop displays and merchandising.
- Attending cheque presentations on behalf of the charity if you would like to.
- Helping out with specific annual campaigns.
- Assisting with raising our customers’ awareness of the Air Ambulance.
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Good communication skills and friendly demeanour.
- Good numeracy skills in order to use the Electronic Till system.
- The ability to work well with staff as part of your local shop team.
- Enthusiasm for the work of the Air Ambulance is vital to this role.
How much time should I offer?
- You can commit what time you would like to commit, from a couple of hours to a couple of days. We can accommodate all hours. The shop is open from Monday – Saturday, 9:00 to 5:00.
What support will I be given?
- You will receive opportunities to work alongside other volunteers and Store Management
- We will give you a full induction on all aspects of this role.
- Any appropriate materials to support your role.
- We will provide you with continuous support, advice and guidance.
- Monthly one-to-one reviews with store management.
Where will I be based?
- Most of your work will involve representing the Charity in your local shop.
What are the benefits to me?
- The opportunity to develop new skills.
- The opportunity of meeting new people and working as part of a dedicated team.
- Invaluable experience with one of the leading charities in the country.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to our life-saving work.
- A staff discount of 25%.
What’s the next step?
You can apply to become a volunteer below or if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call on 03003 045 999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!