Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why do you need me?
- We need your help as recently bereaved families will often request charitable donations in lieu of flowers in memory of their loved ones, this can be for many different reasons. Therefore, we need you to manage and maintain relationships with Funeral Directors and make the experience for our in-memory donors smooth and compassionate.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Contacting and liaising with local Funeral Directors.
- Acknowledging and thanking the next of kin.
- Thanking individual donors.
- Submitting monthly returns.
- Promoting the Gift Aid Scheme to donors.
- Occasionally supporting the In-Memoriam Officer at events.
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Possess empathy, compassion and enthusiasm.
- Good administration skills, well organised and able to pay attention to detail.
- Good telephone skills.
- IT skills are essential.
- Access/use of a telephone, PC and printer.
- Good numeracy skills in order to keep accurate records of funds.
- Understanding of Gift Aid scheme.
What are the goals?
- To help us ensure all supporters and donors have a positive experience of The Air Ambulance Service.
How much time should I offer?
- This role is flexible in terms of how much you would like to take on, but we do look for a regular commitment and engagement.
- Hours are completely flexible, aside from telephone contact, everything else can be done whenever it suits, but within a timely fashion. We would aim for you to acknowledge and bank all receipts within 24 hours of receipt.
Is there an induction and training?
- You will receive an induction when you start, this will involve some training with another in-memory volunteer administrator.
- We will provide any training you need to complete the role, you will just have to discuss this with our in-memoriam officer.
- Bereavement training will also be provided.
What on-going support/guidance will there be?
- Fully supported by fully supported by the in-memoriam officer.
- You will be provided with an email address and, paper and envelopes to start you off.
- Access to other volunteering opportunities and ways to become more involved with The Air Ambulance Service.
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers during the year.
Will I need my own transport?
- It is not essential to have your own transport.
What are the benefits to me?
- The opportunity to develop new skills and boost your CV.
- Invaluable experience with one of the leading charities in the county.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to our lifesaving work.
Will my expenses be paid?
- We pay volunteers “out-of-pocket” expenses within agreed guidelines.
- Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses.
What’s the next step?
You can apply to become a volunteer below or if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call on 03003 045 999 or email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!