Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why do you need me?
- By joining Supporter Services as a Volunteer Receptionist you will help to keep the charity running smoothly and ensure that all supporters receive a positive experience of The Air Ambulance Service. Your help will make a difference to the fundraising team and our supporters and will enable us to keep saving lives.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Meeting and greeting visitors and escorting them to the desired contact person or department
- Receiving deliveries
- Answering phones
- Opening and distributing in-coming post
- Preparing out-going post (included franking)
- Data input
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Excel skills and the ability to learn to use databases (preferable but not essential)
- Clear and polite telephone manner
What are the goals?
- To help us ensure all supporters and donors have a positive experience of TAAS
- Ensure that TAAS records and databases are accurate
How much time should I offer?
- The role is during office hours (9:00am – 5:00pm) and can be flexible however a regular commitment is required
Is there an induction and training?
- You will receive an induction when you start
- We will provide any training you need to complete the role e.g. information about TAAS work with regular updates on developments, customer service training and database training and IT support
What on-going support/guidance will there be?
- Working with Supporter Services and being part of the team
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers during the year
Where will I be based?
- At our head office in Rugby – Clifton House, Butlers Leap, Rugby, CV21 3RQ
Will I need my own transport?
- Close to local transport links including trains and buses
- Close to Rugby town centre
- Free parking available
How will this role enhance my development?
- Utilise the skills and knowledge you are proud of
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people and work as part of a dedicated team
- Invaluable experience with one of the leading charities in the county
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to our lifesaving work
What benefits can I expect?
- We pay volunteers’ “out-of-pocket” expenses within agreed guidelines
- Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses
What’s the next step?
You can apply to become a volunteer below or if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call on 0300 3045 999 or email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!