Below are some more details about becoming one of the team here.
Why do you need me?
- By joining our team as an office volunteer you will help to keep the charity running smoothly and ensure that all supporters receive a positive experience of The Air Ambulance Service. Your help will make a difference to the fundraising team and our supporters and will enable us to keep saving lives.
What activities will/could I be involved in?
- Answering phones and directing enquiries to the appropriate department
- Opening and distributing post
- Preparing out-going post (includes franking)
- Maintaining databases and recording correspondence with donors
- Collating community fundraising information
- Sending out fundraising materials to donors
- Assisting with mail outs
- Scanning and filing documents
- Stock management
- Fulfilling requests for fundraising collateral
- Volunteering admin support
- Counting donations
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Excel skills and the ability to learn to use databases
- Clear and polite telephone manner
- Adherence to TAAS policies including health and safety, equal opportunities confidentiality and financial guidelines
- An interest in The Air Ambulance Service and the work we do
What are the goals?
- To help us ensure all supporters and donors have a positive experience of TAAS
- Ensure donations are banked and thanked promptly, making our donors feel valued and remain engaged with TAAS
- Ensure that TAAS records and databases are accurate.
How much time should I offer?
- The role is during office hours (9.00am – 5.00pm) and can be flexible however a regular commitment is required
Is there an induction and training?
- You will receive an induction when you start
- We will provide any training you need to complete the role e.g. information about TAAS work with regular updates on developments, customer service training and database training and IT support
What on-going support/guidance will there be?
- Working with supporter services and being part of the team
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow volunteers during the year
Where will I be based?
- At our head office in Rugby – Clifton House, Butlers leap, Rugby, CV21 3RQ
Will I need my own transport?
- Not necessarily as our office is close to Rugby town centre and local transport links including trains and buses
- If you do drive free parking is available
How will this role enhance my development?
- Utilise the skills and knowledge you are proud of
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people and work as part of a dedicated team
- Invaluable experience with one of the leading charities in the county
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to our lifesaving work
Will my expenses be paid?
- We pay volunteers’ expenses within agreed guidelines
- Please contact us if you would like further information on expenses
What’s the next step?
You can apply to become a volunteer below or, if you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call on 0300 3045 999 or email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!