How To Guides
How to Sell Pre-Loved Items for Charity
Sell your items online and help raise money for our services. There's various channels you can sell your items through so it's easier than ever to advertise your items.
Your Fundraising PackDownload Here
If you’ve had the opportunity to declutter, why not turn your pre-loved items into much needed cash to fund our lifesaving services?
List on eBay, Depop and other preloved sites or local Facebook Marketplace groups and donate a portion of your earnings to The Air Ambulance Service. Make it clear you’ll be donating to charity through the sale and it’s a win-win; your pre-loved items are given a new lease of life, directed away from landfill, and both you and your buyer will feel great that the money raised is going to help towards an extremely worthy cause.
Choose your site
If using a pre-loved site like Gumtree, Amazon or Facebook Marketplace then set up your sale as you normally would within their user guidelines.
Photograph your items
Take some really nice photos of your items which are clear and show as many angles as needed to showcase the item. Think about your background – if you can have a blank, bright backdrop and nothing too busy this will work best.
Write your description
Be as descriptive as possible with your listings to make sure the buyer has as much information as they can about your item and the condition that it is in. This is your opportunity to really sell it!
Don’t forget to mention that you will be donating a percentage of your sale to charity.
Total up your sales
Once you have made all of your sales, items have been posted and you have your final amount, then pop over to our website and make your donation online.
Get in touch
Hints and Tips
- If you sell your items via eBay, they can pay the percentage of your sale directly to us when you list your item, making it really fast and easy to donate to us via selling your pre-loved items.
- Start to create the listing for your item on eBay adding all of the information about your item
- Before confirming the listing, you will see an option to tick a box for ‘Donate a Portion to Charity’
- Type ‘The Air Ambulance Service’ and you will see our charity name
- When you then list your item, a ribbon will appear on your listing to show that you are donating a portion of your sale to your chosen charity
- For more information on this please visit ‘eBay for Charity‘
10 June 2021
Channel Swim Relay 2021
Fancy a challenge of lifetime? We're looking for people to join a team of swimmers to take turns of swimming the 22miles of the channel. Find out more.
29 November 2020
Curly’s Athletes have chosen Children’s Air Ambulance to be one of their official Charity Partner’s for the Doncaster 10K 2020
6 June 2021
Children’s Air Ambulance is an official partner charity with Run for All’s Hull 10K in 2021. Discover how you can be part of a great event for a great charity.